After taking yesterday off to recover from Friday night’s 2-0 win over the University of Central Florida, the Revs returned to training this morning with an energetic 90-minute workout on the campus of UCF.
From a weather standpoint, extended periods of blazing sun were spotted with intervals of complete cloud cover, providing some pretty noticeable changes in temperature throughout the session. Of course, when you’re talking about the difference between 80 degrees and 65 degrees, it’s tough to complain.
Here are some notes from today’s session …
- Shalrie Joseph and Kevin Alston will not be with the Revolution for the remainder of the team’s stay in Orlando. Both players were flown back to New England this afternoon because of disciplinary reasons.
- French midfielder Ousmane Dabo will not be joining the Revs in Orlando, instead meeting up with his new teammates in Foxborough next week. Dabo is expected to be at the Revolution’s training session at the Dana-Farber Field House on Monday, Feb. 28.
- Two players from the University of Central Florida joined the Revs for this morning’s session: senior defender Camilo Rendon and junior midfielder Warren Creavalle. Rendon – who played right back for the Knights – will also be available to play with the Revolution in Monday morning’s preseason match against the U.S. Under-17 National Team.
- After missing Thursday’s training session because of illness, Ryan Cochrane returned for this morning’s workout. Cochrane also played the final 30 minutes of Friday night’s 2-0 win over UCF.
- Kenny Mansally returned to full participation this morning after being limited throughout the first three weeks of preseason training camp as he recovered from a quad strain. At this point, no word on whether Mansally will participate in tomorrow’s preseason match.
- Today’s session opened with extended passing drills and stretching as the players loosened their joints following yesterday’s off day.
- For the first time since arriving in Orlando, today’s session did not finish with a full-field game of 11-v-11. Instead, training closed with crossing and finishing drills.
- During crossing and finishing, the classiest goal was scored by Ryan Cochrane. The veteran defender leapt at the near post to volley Chris Tierney’s left-wing cross into the upper corner.
- We’ll have coverage of Monday’s preseason match against the U.S. U17s here on revolutionsoccer.net, including a game recap and postgame video.