It’s been awhile …

In context of many situations, 17 days doesn’t seem like such a long time. But when we’re talking about days between New England Revolution games, it’s as long as it gets.

Because the Revolution’s match against the Philadelphia Union was postponed when Hurricane Irene hit the East Coast, the club ended up with a 17-day break between its last game against the New York Red Bulls (Aug. 20) and its rescheduled meeting with the Union (Sept. 7). Never before had the Revs gone so long between games. They’d had similar breaks between league contests – as recently as last year when they took a 21-day break for the group stage of the 2010 FIFA World Cup – but friendly matches or SuperLiga contests or U.S. Open Cup games had always filled the void.

It’s been a long couple of weeks – the Revs have trained nine times and played two reserve games since their last first-team match – but the hiatus is finally coming to a close as this afternoon the club will be off to Philadelphia ahead of tomorrow night’s meeting with the Union.

Early forecasts call for rain for pretty much the duration of our stay in the Keystone State, but at least it won’t be a hurricane. So that’s a step in the right direction. Considering the tornado we ran into during a U.S. Open Cup game in Kansas City and Irene postponing our originally scheduled match in Philly, I think we’ve dealt with enough natural disasters for one season.

No matter the weather, we’ll bring you a full slate of coverage on Wednesday, beginning with “Revolution Soccer Gameday” from Philadelphia … even if I have to do my best Jim Cantore impression.


  1. Charles Mcfeely says:

    …since i could hold my head up high,
    It’s been awhile since i said sorry.

    Mcfeel me?

  2. Chris B says:

    How is that post above me by Haus allowed on the blog?

  3. Jason Dalrymple says:

    Chris, you are correct and that has been removed. We were traveling yesterday and didn’t see it until this morning.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.